Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Engine & Performance

BBF fox install questions

mustangracer84 25.05.2015, 17:04
I've always wanted a big block mustang notchback, and I think I've worked out a deal on a fuel injected 4cyl notchback to use as the base and I scored some new in box bbf/fox motor mounts made by kaufman products from a friend. I'd kinda like to build up a 429, but I might just do a 460 depending on parts, deals, sources, etc. I know the 4cyl k-member will work however I'm planning on picking up a tubular k-member, and swap in a bigger modern brake system. I'm in the learning, planning and collecting stage right now just fishing for information and parts... There's a few questions I have:

was there a multiport 460 cui built, and what did it come in? I know some of the fullsize trucks had a TBI system, but I don't know what year range, or if MPFI was ever made.
will the 2.3 fuel lines hook up to said 460 mpfi?
IF there's no mpfi 460, what did you guys do for fuel tanks/fuel supply?
Aside from the special motor mounts, special headers, and oil pan issue, does the c4/c6 mount up to the stock crossmember?
I read somewhere that some of the later truck 460's had a dual hump rear sump oil pan that is correct for the install, anyone know any more about that?

lastly:
anyone have any bbf parts, and or any of the special parts for this swap?
Relentless 26.05.2015, 00:23
I believe Ford trucks 88-95 7.5 are mpfi, they have a TB and elbow right in the middle of the engine. You are better off getting a carb intake with fuel injector holes
mustangracer84 26.05.2015, 00:31
I believe Ford trucks 88-95 7.5 are mpfi, they have a TB and elbow right in the middle of the engine. You are better off getting a carb intake with fuel injector holes

That's what I was thinking, I wasn't planning on running the stocker FI manifold, but knowing what had that originally I can source the fuel injectors, wiring harness, computer and assorted electronics out of it.
King Dingaling 26.05.2015, 00:37
I know a guy wanting to sell a complete 460 running w c6 tranny. Motor smokes a bit but a set of rings, gaskets and a good cleaning you would be a lot closer to your project.
Relentless 26.05.2015, 00:44
They came with 24lb injectors stock, you'll probably need bigger than that. They were all SD as far as I know, except 96-96 california stuff. You are better off using a mustang harness
foxtrot 26.05.2015, 03:19
You are better off building a 79 or earlier truck block w/ some decent C9 or D0 heads and doing a megasquirt conversion if you want to go FI. IIRC Fuel injected 460's are a PITA, use different heads/intake setups and are externally balanced, parts are available, but are a little higher.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with my info. Subscibe to the bigblockfox forums on yahoo groups or visit 460ford.com for lots of info. I think there used to be a fordified racing site somewhere too. Google search it, it's primarily fox platform cars.

K