Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related General Tech/How Do I?

Hand wash my car properly

SoonerStang3 10.04.2014, 14:10
So I am a new Mustang owner, and never had a car that I cared out this much (last car was an 09 Prius). I used to just put my cars through those brushless high pressure washers, but I am planning on doing hand wash/detailing for this car. Anyone have product suggestions that are quality, but I can pick up locally? I need to wash my car this weekend after the rain we had Sunday/Monday, but don't have anything yet. I appreciate the help.
jbt21479 10.04.2014, 14:16
I do must my buying at Reeves Chamois company. They are a detailing supply company and all I really have used for so long that I do not know a lot of store bought stuff. When I buy from stores I usually get Meguiars. They have always seemed to have quality products that I am happy with. But I do not have a lot of experience with other store brands to compare them to.
For just a quick wash. Usually just wash it and chamois it off then use some Meguiars quick detailer on when I am done.

People will have a lot of tips here. 3honk should have some good advice for you soon.
SoonerStang3 10.04.2014, 14:27
Thanks! I am looking forward to the tips and tricks. So far, everyone on here seems really nice. I did a quick forum search, and didn't find a thread on this, so hopefully I don't get flamed for starting this thread.
10seclx 10.04.2014, 15:05

Originally Posted by SoonerStang3:

Thanks! I am looking forward to the tips and tricks. So far, everyone on here seems really nice. I did a quick forum search, and didn't find a thread on this, so hopefully I don't get flamed for starting this thread.

Just search any detail related thread buy third honk he took second place to Chuck Norris in the detail your brand new cars every other day Olympics :)
LoganR 13.04.2014, 00:19
Research the two bucket wash method.. That will get you started and create a good washing habit.