Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

What rear control arms?

Page 2 of 2 1  2 
2.3t lx 09.01.2014, 17:44
how the car sets it probably dont need any suspension upgrades really. But I wanted to focus on being able to get the power to the ground before I start making the power. Im not asking for a super fast car if I got in the low 13's id be happy. Right now on street tire stock suspension and 308 rear gears im running 14.0

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
newedge2k 09.01.2014, 17:50
With a good hole shot and making your way down i would say a mid 13s is possible.
Friend of mine went 13.9 with a factory non-pi gt convertible on old DR (he's a driving sumbitch though).
With a 2.0 60ft I think.
squeak 09.01.2014, 18:45

Originally Posted by 2.3t lx:

how the car sets it probably dont need any suspension upgrades really. But I wanted to focus on being able to get the power to the ground before I start making the power. Im not asking for a super fast car if I got in the low 13's id be happy. Right now on street tire stock suspension and 308 rear gears im running 14.0

Susp first is actually one of the best things you can do. I've seen completely stock foxes run low low 13's on suspension only and a tire. Impressive actually. Getting best use of all avail power is the key. I love guys that put massive engines/power adders on and expect to run 10's on 17 inch street tires and stock suspension, then get mad.
2.3t lx 09.01.2014, 19:05
Yea. As far as motor goes. Its just bone stock 5.0 with stock e7 heads. Upper and lower typhoon intake, 70mm throttle body, cold air intake. Stock headers. No cats and x pipe

foxtrot 22.01.2014, 02:01
With some 26" 10.50's on an 8" wheel, you should be able to do some 5******0 rpm dumps on that thing and hook with any decent upper/lower setup. I'd be be shocked if you couldn't get that thing to 60' in the 1.75-1.85 range. That alone should net you almost a full second off your time. We used to get 1.9's out of some nittos and stock suspension stuff. Stock 302 with some heavily ported E7's. Good advice in this thread.

Keep us posted!

I gotta admit, I was a little bummed to hear it was a 5.0 after seeing your screen name. LOL.
2.3t lx 23.01.2014, 14:51
Yea. This is one of my mustangs. The name was created before I got this car im still in the process of gathering parts to make the 2.3t swap into the 89 lx. I got two complete engines just kinda lacking the stuff to make clutch work, computer, and vane air flow

Page 2 of 2 1  2