Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Club News UN-Official Meets/Events

2014 Sheriff Track Dates

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3 
Jefro 04.01.2014, 20:12
Here are the dates for this year (weather permitting). There won't be an open track event in April due to the Mustang 50th Bday celebration being held at the Sheriff's Track. Bring your own helmet and chair. Lunch is provided. Cost is $25 per car. Let me know if you have any questions.

January 25th
February 15th
March 8th
May 10th
June 14th
July 12th
August 23rd
September 13th
October 18th

Located at NE 36th & Air Depot. Here is a bird's eye view
Attachment 68483
EthanReese_03GT 13.01.2014, 20:21
What kind of meet is this? (new to forum)
Jefro 13.01.2014, 23:56
Not a meet. Open track days for those that want to come out and run their car on a road course.
trevnut 14.01.2014, 00:59
Can you highlight the actual course route on the map? And direction of travel?
Jefro 14.01.2014, 01:56
Not best route drawing but you get the idea. My crayons weren't sharp enough. We normally run counter-clockwise but we will also run clockwise as well

Attachment 68510
probkauz 14.01.2014, 11:28
Trev, I can mapquest it for you from your house to the track, around the track, and then back home for you, if that helps? We could even come get you, drive you around the track and back home, if you'd like..... just fudgin wit ya, T-Nut!

Seriously though, it's about 1.25 mile track, good fun. With the help of Jefro, we run a clean, safe track day, no one gets hurt, (except the time I blew my motor) and everyone goes home happy. Fresh brakes are a plus.
vandy09 14.01.2014, 13:02

Originally Posted by probkauz:

Trev, I can mapquest it for you from your house to the track, around the track, and then back home for you, if that helps? We could even come get you, drive you around the track and back home, if you'd like..... just fudgin wit ya, T-Nut!

Seriously though, it's about 1.25 mile track, good fun. With the help of Jefro, we run a clean, safe track day, no one gets hurt, (except the time I blew my motor) and everyone goes home happy. Fresh brakes are a plus.

hey sandy what info do I need to get my buddy with the food truck for your april event
Law Dog 15.01.2014, 12:11

Originally Posted by Jefro:

Not a meet. Open track days for those that want to come out and run their car on a road course.

Jef, I have taught more classes at this track than I can remember in a LE capacity. I am curious if you guys have any speed limitations in place ? It really is a fun course to run on. You don't reach the top end speeds of Burns Flat, but it is a very fun track
Jefro 15.01.2014, 13:24

Originally Posted by Law Dog:

Jef, I have taught more classes at this track than I can remember in a LE capacity. I am curious if you guys have any speed limitations in place ? It really is a fun course to run on. You don't reach the top end speeds of Burns Flat, but it is a very fun track

We don't have speed limitations. We just tell everyone not to outdrive your ability
orangeRcode 15.01.2014, 13:37

Originally Posted by Jefro:

We don't have speed limitations. We just tell everyone not to outdrive your ability

Cones placed in strategic locations help control speed. As Jeff said it's really a fun learning day. I plan on getting my daughter out there this year.

That being said, I've hit about 95-100 on the long straight going counterclockwise before shutting it down for the first turn.
Law Dog 15.01.2014, 13:41
Sounds good guys, Thank you
01turbowolf 17.01.2014, 14:00
I'm so ready to run clockwise this year, i'v been going through withdrawl waiting for this to come around again, and i second the fresh brakes and fluid ten fold lol
extreme_exploder 22.01.2014, 19:59
What time do these start? Is there really going to be one this weekend?
mr. anderson 26.01.2014, 20:04

Originally Posted by Law Dog:

do the leos have a speed limit when they run the coures? forget what I was hitting but think it was around 100+ in the straight. quick enough to keep your hands full on the small track. especially on the slight right hand bend on the one straight.
Jefro 26.01.2014, 20:08
I don't think so
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3