Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

Front Wheels Hard To Turn

magentamonster 12.08.2013, 21:39
Well, this has been an issue that I have been having for a while now and I just got the time to start trying to figure this out which is that my front wheels ate pretty tough to turn they will not even turn one full revolution with a good amount of force and the dual piston conversion I did not four thousand miles ago has the pads more than half worn with plenty of brake dust so their is obviously a problem. My entire from spindles and everything are from a 2002 V6 coupe with the dual piston calipers and I swapped all of it over to my 1988 hatchback 5.0L and used the existing brake hoses just with adapters to fit mt existing hard lines although the drivers side I had to route a new hard line to the bottom of the master cylinder so it does not have an adapter to the flex hose to the caliper. Now the parts I have replaced so far are both calipers with remanufactured units and I have new rubber hoses and guide pins that are greased with new rubber boots on both and it is still hard to turn. When I take the calipers off the hub is very easy to spin so the bearing assembly seems to be ok. If I reassemble the calipers onto the mounting bracket with the pistons depressed it spins good. However. Once you apply the brakes it goes back to the same thing. I can see the caliper come back slightly though but it does not seem like enough. I thought to then loosen the bleeder screws and see if there is any residual pressure maybe from the master cylinder being pushed in due to a pedal assembly swap that maybe I did not do correctly but that checked out good because it just dribbled out instead of spraying with pressure out of the bleeder screws. Now the original caliper on one side had some piston damage that had started going into the rotor and messed up the pad slightly but only on the very top also like the rotor I replaced was a hair too small that kind of wear. But I put everything back together correctly as you should bled the brakes new pad clips all of it. The only thing I can think if causing an issue is the rotors. Ideas?
pieces5 14.08.2013, 06:26
Do you know if you're back brakes are working as they should? Might be a dumb question, but what about the fluid level?