Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

93 fox brake swap 97 v6

quikfox 28.03.2013, 14:22
Ok so I know the swap from a 94/95 is pretty straight forward as far as putting 5 lug disc all the around my 93 notch. Ive got my hands on a complete 97 v6 car for next to nothing. So heres what I need to know, should I just pull rear axles and brakes and use them and scrap rest of car? If I do this I planned on just buying 84 SVO front rotors and keeping my fox front spindles. Whats thoughts
Relentless 28.03.2013, 15:08

Originally Posted by quikfox:

Ok so I know the swap from a 94/95 is pretty straight forward as far as putting 5 lug disc all the around my 93 notch. Ive got my hands on a complete 97 v6 car for next to nothing. So heres what I need to know, should I just pull rear axles and brakes and use them and scrap rest of car? If I do this I planned on just buying 84 SVO front rotors and keeping my fox front spindles. Whats thoughts

I would part the whole car out if it's in good enough shape, should be able to sell the front fenders, bumber and hood pretty easily, as well as the header panel. You can use the front spindles from them if you really wanted to, but it's a lot easier with the 94/95. I have some i'd sell if you need them
strokeme383 28.03.2013, 18:14
Yeah I would run the 94/95 spindles that's whats on my car and you need a brake line adapter for the passenger front you can get that at Midwest hose in okc, I put the 93 cobra booster and master cylinder on mine and put the 3-2 port conversion 39.99 from LRS and gutted the proportioning valve, so now my brakes are like 50/50, I would recommend an adjustable proportioning valve but you can get by a little while without it, As far as rear disc brakes go I fabricated a new line to go across the rear-end, some of the sn 95 have a brake line that runs across the back but where it bolts to on the bottom of the floor the foxbody is on the driver side of the pumpkin and the sn 95 is on the passenger!!! If you go on Maximum Motorsports website it has all the info you need to know I found it after doing my car lol!!!! As far as using the axles out of your parts car they are going to be too long for your housing, just buy some good axles that are 5-lug or find a rearend out of an SVO
Mr. Red Pony 30.03.2013, 02:22
Sn95 8.8?
sleepercoupe 30.03.2013, 11:28
As others have said, you "can" use them, but won't be right, svo rotors will require svo spindles. The super ultra cheap way is mark7 rotors up front and ranger/Aerostar axle/drums out back. You can use the sn95 rear disc with ranger/aerostar axles but you will need north brackets to pull the width back to stock fox (if memory serves right). I have a full svo front brake set up sitting around as well. Spindles/calipers/brackets and I think lines.
stormy69 26.06.2013, 19:24

Originally Posted by sleepercoupe:

As others have said, you "can" use them, but won't be right, svo rotors will require svo spindles. The super ultra cheap way is mark7 rotors up front and ranger/Aerostar axle/drums out back. You can use the sn95 rear disc with ranger/aerostar axles but you will need north brackets to pull the width back to stock fox (if memory serves right). I have a full svo front brake set up sitting around as well. Spindles/calipers/brackets and I think lines.

x2, this is the right answer...