Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related General Tech/How Do I?

Corner Carver Tech

Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4 
Jefro 22.02.2013, 13:48
Post your setup/preference and any trial and error scenarios

Current:

Steeda Ultralites
Koni Str T's
BMR adj sway bar
4 piston Brembos
TPS steel braided brake lines
Ground Control CC plates

This is a good setup to get started with. I will be switching my pads to a brand the Terry Fair from Vorshlag motorsports recommends in the near future. I'll post the name of them when I can find it. I'm also about to get a set of dedicated track tires. BF Goodrich Rivals.
vandy09 22.02.2013, 14:34
as far as brakes go, ive ben looking around for a while. i want some that stop better than stock, last a while and dont fade or dust as bad as my stocker. ive been told by several guys that run road courses with dd's. the Cmax pads from vatozone are reccomended over and over again. for the 55 bucks and a free replacement im looking at getting a set. if/when i do ill post up how i like them. they have been compared to the same quality/durability as the yellow stuff EBC (i think is who makes them) pads
Jefro 22.02.2013, 14:51
I was going to go with Carbotech pads. They are half the cost of Hawks and perform much better and aren't harsh on the rotors
vandy09 22.02.2013, 14:59
if i can get a brake swap and new rubber im gonna try to hit a track event and get a base time before i start modding the rest of the suspension. i figure at 50 bucks if they suck im not out much
Jefro 22.02.2013, 15:06
Very true. It'll be fun
FiveLeeter 22.02.2013, 15:40
Jeff are you on stock pads right now?

My suspension is still stock as it stands. Designing a set of custom lower control arms and a panhard bar, then I'll install this with the lowering springs and have some fun.
Jefro 22.02.2013, 15:55
Stock pads still
Mr. Red Pony 23.02.2013, 00:53
Coil overs on strange 10 ways, CC plates, bump steer, tubular rear upper and lowers, slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads, dust shields removed, and eagle F1s.

I'm looking into installing a front and rear tower brace and bigger sway bars. Thoughts?

I've only been down the strip so I'm eager to see how it goes around the track. It handles well on the street so it should be good.
Jefro 23.02.2013, 01:13
A lot of people with the sn95's get subframe connectors to stiffen the body. You might give that a consideration for one of your next mods. Tower brace always helps.
cjgt500 23.02.2013, 02:50
Brake cooling will be your biggest ally. Boss 302 brake cooling kit. Auto cross won't be noticeable but Hallett is a different ball game.
Jefro 23.02.2013, 13:31
Yeah, those are still almost $300 for our cars though. And you have to be careful on the cooldown lap so you won't cool your rotors too quickly.
Procharged5.0 23.02.2013, 15:17
I run cooling ducts and the hawks do eat my rotors pretty good, but i like their high heat performance. I ran with carbotechs for awhile and loved em as well. Carbotechs were easier on rotors, but I dont expect anything braking related to hold up too long on track. Hawk hp+, Steeda stainless lines as well as super blue fluid.. she. Stops pretty good.

Curious how she is going to behave on hallett next weekend. First/last time in september ran it i was on eibach sportlines. This time i am on steeda competition.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
5.0man 24.02.2013, 04:57

Originally Posted by cjgt500:

Brake cooling will be your biggest ally. Boss 302 brake cooling kit. Auto cross won't be noticeable but Hallett is a different ball game.

Originally Posted by Jefro:

Yeah, those are still almost $300 for our cars though. And you have to be careful on the cooldown lap so you won't cool your rotors too quickly.

Could you guys mount some QTP exhaust cut outs right behind the bumper? Then shut them on your coolsdown laps and when you're on the street so the brakes come up to proper temp. It will add a couple pounds to the car so just eat a light lunch. Lol

My car isn't done yet but here is the set up. I'll let you guys know how it handles when it's done.

Car: 93 coupe

Set up:
Koni adjustable sport
Front- 8******1sport
Rear- 8******6sport
Ford C springs
MM C/C plates
5 lug 94/95 spindles
MM bump steer kit
X2 ball joints
MM solid steering shaft
'93 cobra master/booster
'03 cobra cobra brakes front/rear with original Brembo rotors
Wagner pads. Not sure what will be replacing them
MM stainless lines
4cyl front swaybar, v6 SN rear
DOT4 fluid
Jefro 24.02.2013, 13:44
What I've read with the brake cooling ducts is you have to hold the brake pedal lightly as you do your cool down lap.

Sounds like a good set up
5.0man 24.02.2013, 15:21

Originally Posted by Jefro:

What I've read with the brake cooling ducts is you have to hold the brake pedal lightly as you do your cool down lap.

Sounds like a good set up

That sounds like a pain in the ass. It goes against everything we have always been thought about not riding the brakes. You would think they would have come up with a better way by now.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4