Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related General Tech/How Do I?

Tuning

Page 2 of 2 1  2 
FiveLeeter 21.02.2013, 03:40
Sorry I couldn't help you out, don't have the business anymore the personal life got to be too much and didn't have time for it.

The person I suggested does very good work, and every tune he has done for me has been dead on. He's running a special for $75 right now with free tunes for life if you already have an SCT.
rfcsoulja 21.02.2013, 04:14

Originally Posted by FiveLeeter:

Sorry I couldn't help you out, don't have the business anymore the personal life got to be too much and didn't have time for it.

The person I suggested does very good work, and every tune he has done for me has been dead on. He's running a special for $75 right now with free tunes for life if you already have an SCT.

Wait. . . . .Are we talkin e-mailed tunes or dyno tunes?
Mr. Red Pony 21.02.2013, 14:32
Dyno
FiveLeeter 21.02.2013, 14:42

Originally Posted by rfcsoulja:

Wait. . . . .Are we talkin e-mailed tunes or dyno tunes?

He emailed me asking if I had any hookups for tuning.

Still a firm believer that in the right hands, an email tune is no different than a dyno tune.
97black4V 27.02.2013, 00:50
ive personally seen a can tune vs a dyno tune and the dyno tune picked up 28hp over a bama tune. Adam marrer is a coyote tuning fool.
the joker 27.02.2013, 01:50

Still a firm believer that in the right hands, an email tune is no different than a dyno tune.

Yea...... No.
FiveLeeter 27.02.2013, 04:37

Originally Posted by 97black4V:

ive personally seen a can tune vs a dyno tune and the dyno tune picked up 28hp over a bama tune. Adam marrer is a coyote tuning fool.

Not comparing to Bama lol... I said in the right hands, not a canned tune that was designed as a basis for EVERY coyote in the world. I'm talking a true datalogged, dialed in email tune. Not a drop-down menu tune.
po-po 5.0 27.02.2013, 14:57

Not comparing to Bama lol... I said in the right hands, not a canned tune that was designed as a basis for EVERY coyote in the world. I'm talking a true datalogged, dialed in email tune. Not a drop-down menu tune.

Only on a car with knock sensors.
FiveLeeter 27.02.2013, 15:17

Originally Posted by po-po 5.0:

Only on a car with knock sensors.

With or without... like I said, "in the right hands." A dyno won't tell you if you have knock.
RAZRS EDGE 27.02.2013, 15:21
If you know what you're doing, remote tuning is no different than being physically with the car on the dyno or at the track. If problems arise, yeah, it's easier to diagnose. Otherwise, you have all the same tools and information.

A "canned" tune, premade or preloaded onto a tuner or sent via email, is another story. Those are hit or miss and I highly recommend against them.
Page 2 of 2 1  2