Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

87-93 caliper brakeline install

blueandblackgt 24.11.2012, 06:03
upgraded my brakes on my 85 on the new calipers the brakelines have a metal square attachment block and a bolt with a hole in it.
Do you half to line up the hole with the block and the bolt this is the only way I can explain it. I am not sure if the holes half to be lined up or not When i tighten it they dont line up.
blueandblackgt 24.11.2012, 06:21

link to the metal box with the hole and bolt that bolts it down has hole as well but is smaller than opening in box which is why you use a copper washer on both sides
strokeme383 28.11.2012, 01:19
yeah the block on the brake lin e should be flat against the caliper the line will wind up facing up and towards the front of the car and the notch will go toward the inside of the caliper
strokeme383 28.11.2012, 01:22
the block is called the banjo and the bolt is the banjo bolt and one copper washer in between the banjo and caliper and the other washer in between banjo and bolt just snug it down and smack the top of the banjo bolt with a hammer and then snug one more time
strokeme383 28.11.2012, 01:24
never mind i get what you are saying the hole in the bolt and hole in the banjo no they dont have to line up cause if you look inside the banjo its chamfered so that fluid will pass in the cavity
blueandblackgt 29.11.2012, 04:46
ya i figured it out just hate how the metal lines run down torward a arm and barely dont touch i bent them so they didnt but idk if I trust them much
stormy69 26.06.2013, 19:12

Originally Posted by blueandblackgt:

ya i figured it out just hate how the metal lines run down torward a arm and barely dont touch i bent them so they didnt but idk if I trust them much

thats exactly what you have to do, just be careful not to kink the line