Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  
 
Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related General Tech/How Do I?

how do I swap from fuel injected to carb?

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3 
BrodyK 08.08.2012, 17:50
My head gaskets blew, so I'm tearing down and overhauling bottom end, wanting to put a set of gt 40 heads on it when I find some, high rise, and 650 carb. But what do I do about the wiring? And will my ailternator work?
joshgn 08.08.2012, 19:41
why?
EskimoJosh 08.08.2012, 20:25
Remove fuel injection. Add carb.
91TurboCoupe 08.08.2012, 20:25
Don't fuck it up by putting a carb on it. Just sayin'. Lol
FoMoCo1 08.08.2012, 22:21

Originally Posted by 91TurboCoupe:

Don't fuck it up by putting a carb on it. Just sayin'. Lol

x2! the swap is getting as bad as the ls1 swap into foxbodies
imajeenyas 08.08.2012, 22:41

Originally Posted by FoMoCo1:

x2! the swap is getting as bad as the ls1 swap into foxbodies

Except the ls makes horsepower

You and your mom are hilbillies. This is a house of learned doctors.
superdan 08.08.2012, 23:24
DONT PUT A CARB OF A FI MOTOR BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND HATED IT :smashfreakB:
FoMoCo1 09.08.2012, 00:00

Originally Posted by imajeenyas:

Except the ls makes horsepower

You and your mom are hilbillies. This is a house of learned doctors.

i cant take you seriously with that sig....LOL
Whitetrash 09.08.2012, 00:18

Originally Posted by joshgn:

why?


I think the best reason to do so is that you can continue to mod the ENGINE and not have to take it to a tuner to change your tune. Or like I have seen on several occations, where the computer freezes up at the track, and what can you do???? Wait till you get a dealer to either figure out how to get it back up and running, or send your shit in and wait for it and your bill to get back. I have more, but the jest of it would be, simpler is better.

And the reason the word engine is capitalized, is cause that is what it is. A motor is electric, if it's run on combustion it's a engine.... Unless you're in nascar. Why don't we NOT sound like we're retards, and call an engine what it is.
superdan 09.08.2012, 00:43
^ Wow I guess you can be whitetrash and have some knowledge lol
Whitetrash 09.08.2012, 01:12
Sorry, I'm quitting smoking, and my pet peeves are getting the best of me.

It just drives me nuts when people call engines motors.
jrhaden 09.08.2012, 02:27

Originally Posted by Whitetrash:

I think the best reason to do so is that you can continue to mod the ENGINE and not have to take it to a tuner to change your tune. Or like I have seen on several occations, where the computer freezes up at the track, and what can you do???? Wait till you get a dealer to either figure out how to get it back up and running, or send your shit in and wait for it and your bill to get back. I have more, but the jest of it would be, simpler is better.

And the reason the word engine is capitalized, is cause that is what it is. A motor is electric, if it's run on combustion it's a engine.... Unless you're in nascar. Why don't we NOT sound like we're retards, and call an engine what it is.

The whole idea of needing a tune on a moderately modded fox is stupid. I along with others have had H/C/I foxes, blown foxes, nitrous cars, etc and with no more of a fuel pressure and timing adjustment they will run great.

Secondly really you have seen ECM's freeze up at the track on several occasions. rollinglaugh

Engine, motor, badass motherfucker they are all the same.
Silver 09.08.2012, 03:00
carb=less resale
TommyD 09.08.2012, 06:12
Well spoken Jack!!Fuel Psi.,Timing and set TPS and have fun!!peelout

Originally Posted by jrhaden:

The whole idea of needing a tune on a moderately modded fox is stupid. I along with others have had H/C/I foxes, blown foxes, nitrous cars, etc and with no more of a fuel pressure and timing adjustment they will run great.

Secondly really you have seen ECM's freeze up at the track on several occasions. rollinglaugh

Engine, motor, badass motherfucker they are all the same.

TommyD 09.08.2012, 06:16
"Freezes up at the track"That made my day....roflwtf EFI!!!Carbs require to much tuning!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3 
Similar Threads
Need a adj fuel regulator(5.0 FUEL INJECTED) ASAP
fuel injected NOS kit
wtb fuel injected 351
Question about Fuel Injected.
aeromotive fpr fs fuel injected
Copyright © 2006-2019, Ford Mustang Forums. Privacy Policy