Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Engine & Performance

Where to go get tuned? 2007 GT500

Page 2 of 2 1  2 
OWMach1 21.05.2011, 20:18
I called Kurtis last week he answered and even called me back later, and i will be getting tuned Thursday. Kurtis is a great guy and yes he has had issues of taking longer than needed in the past but he has been trying to get his customer service back where it should be and is doing all he can.

He has never been anything but great to me and thats why i decided to use him.
orangeRcode 21.05.2011, 20:39
Wasn't kevins car a one off eight rib drive that had to be fabbed from scratch? I know Kevin well. Nice car and a nice guy. No doubt he shoulda pushed his car along. I think for a tune he would be in and out. The OP didn't indicate he wanted a ground up tear down with a built motor. I'm betting it would be a same morning appointment

Yes, to be fair Kevin did have alot of custom work done. I do know that he was frustrated with getting it completed and back. He came back from Texas at least once to pick it up when it was supposed to be finished and wasn't. Anyway, Joey is in the Norman area not Tulsa.
OWMach1 21.05.2011, 21:21
Yes, to be fair Kevin did have alot of custom work done. I do know that he was frustrated with getting it completed and back. He came back from Texas at least once to pick it up when it was supposed to be finished and wasn't. Anyway, Joey is in the Norman area not Tulsa.

I can easily understand his frustration that car has been there a LONG time.
vandy09 21.05.2011, 22:23
What's the story with Abel?

are they tuning an srt4? again the question im going to ask seems to be the same one i ask every time. are you wanting to take it some where and get it on a dyno or get a mail tune? local go to bo, mail id call justin at vmp. for what it sounds like you have id go that way. nothing against bo or aps, but justin does A LOT of gt500 tunes and has the nation wide rep he does for a reason......

oh yeah and post pics. where you located? im gonna guess local okc?
pacettr 21.05.2011, 22:54
mail id call justin at vmp.

He would definitely be my second choice...tup
joey 22.05.2011, 14:21
are they tuning an srt4?
not really sure where anyone said anything about an srt4. i was just wondering why people were talking bad about abel. Usually when someone talks down on another shop, they have a reason...hopefully other than "i know a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy that didn't have a good experience..."

again the question im going to ask seems to be the same one i ask every time. are you wanting to take it some where and get it on a dyno or get a mail tune? local go to bo, mail id call justin at vmp. for what it sounds like you have id go that way. nothing against bo or aps, but justin does A LOT of gt500 tunes and has the nation wide rep he does for a reason......

oh yeah and post pics. where you located? im gonna guess local okc?

located in nwokc and thanks, i'll check into the other places you mentioned.
vandy09 23.05.2011, 03:46
able seems like they do good work on imports. i know a few guys with srt4s and evos that took them there and were really happy. i havnt heard much good about them when it comes to mustangs. I personally have not taken anything to them or had any dealings with them since they were powerhouse and didnt have a very good exp. with them then. i dont know if they are the same guys or not though.

all im saying is if i were to (and when i do) tune my car i will be going to justin @vmp. with the mods that i will be doing he seems to have shit tons of exp. with them and has it down to an art. if i were to take it somewhere and have it tuned id check out bo @aps.

btw still need pics
joey 23.05.2011, 12:06
I'll get em soon...been pretty busy. It seems that the diablosport needs to go and SCT is the tuner of choice...
Page 2 of 2 1  2