Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Engine & Performance 5.0 Pushrod Guys

got a lot of questions....

Page 1 of 2 1  2 
baron 13.12.2006, 01:12
so i'm working on my car tonight

all these pertain to a fox:

how do i take the dash out?

how do i get the back seat out? (the part where the back of the seat fold down)

is there any other way to open the hatch if i cant get it open with the key?

can i pull all the vaccuum lines out and what wires if i dont want heat/ac anymore?

...many more to come... and thanks in advance!
baron 13.12.2006, 03:21

how do i take the dash out?

how do i get the back seat out? (the part where the back of the seat fold down) check

is there any other way to open the hatch if i cant get it open with the key? check

can i pull all the vaccuum lines out and what wires if i dont want heat/ac anymore?

damn.... no one knows about fox's. crazy.
stangfather 13.12.2006, 03:32

how do i take the dash out? unbolt everything...

how do i get the back seat out? (the part where the back of the seat fold down) unbolt it

is there any other way to open the hatch if i cant get it open with the key? prybar

can i pull all the vaccuum lines out and what wires if i dont want heat/ac anymore? yes but why would you?

hope that helps
baron 13.12.2006, 04:31
i got the middle 2 things figured out.

1. i want to take the dash out because after taking the carpet out, i see that a whole bunch of wires that are electric taped together. i cant stand that crap so i'm going to fix all that wiring. -- and i hear they are secret screws that are hard to find :ninja:

4. dont need them
1slowaod 13.12.2006, 04:33
I know foxes like the back of my hand but im not going to waste my time telling you were every single bolt that holds the dash in is. Just start removing the bolts they all and I mean all have to come out.
BlueCuda 13.12.2006, 11:30
Take all the screws out, and remove dash. If dash fails to comply...look for more screws.
Brian Felder 13.12.2006, 12:30
yep, there are alot of screws and such that hold that dash in. all you need is a 7mm and 8mm socket and it will take out pretty much every single screw out f that thing, but to make life easy, your probably gonna need to unbolt the steering column and let it down to get the dash out easier.
93reefnotch 13.12.2006, 13:51
Theres also a u shaped Bracket behind the radio that requires 2 7/16 nuts that attach it to the trans tunnel and i think 8mm on the sides
onebad5.0 13.12.2006, 14:38
Damn those "secret" screws, why does there have to be all those damn dash screw installer spy's chasing all the fox body's around hiding screws on us! Someday someone will catch you, you rat bastards!
Ekimx86 13.12.2006, 16:51
like they said 7mm and 8mm socket would do it, I actually found myself a torx screw driver that fit and used that.
As for the backseat, there are those screws on the back as well as 1 bolt on each side. Once you get that stuff off where the seat pivots on each side is a bolt running horizontal into the frame of the car by the rear speakers. I think its a 5/8 or 11/16 or something. Its pretty easy to take out.
To open the hatch, there is an electric release inside the glove box.
stangfather 13.12.2006, 17:02
i suggest you keep the heater if at all possible, ask blake about having no heat in a fox...
1slowaod 13.12.2006, 17:09
i suggest you keep the heater if at all possible, ask blake about having no heat in a fox...

X2 I thought I could live without mine when I installed the cage. I am now in the process of putting it back in. It sucked trying to drive home late at night or early in the morning with fogged up windows.
baron 13.12.2006, 19:27
do i need the a/c compressor to use the heat function? sorry if this is a stupid question
Tristan 13.12.2006, 20:00
do i need the a/c compressor to use the heat function? sorry if this is a stupid question

just for PROPER defrosting
1slowaod 13.12.2006, 20:28
just for PROPER defrosting

Huh?? Baron I wouldnt see why you would need the a/c compressor. I have never had a working compressor and my defrost works just fine. Personally I have never defrosted with the a/c on in any of my cars.
Page 1 of 2 1  2