Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

07 mustang how to turn off low tire pressure light?

Page 1 of 2 1  2 
johnniemac1971 08.02.2010, 21:19
I have a customer who installed aftermarket bullit wheels on his car and now his low tire pressure light is on, how can he turn it off?
99snake 08.02.2010, 21:42
I have asked around on this same issue, can't find anyone that knows how to so far.
Doughdog 08.02.2010, 23:31
Can you not put the low pressure sensors in the new wheels?
ARMORINE 08.02.2010, 23:46
you can and should. i ordered new bands from ford. had the tire shop install the bands and tpms sensors. works like a charm, car doesnt know it has a new set of tires or wheels.
99snake 11.02.2010, 17:27
you can and should. i ordered new bands from ford. had the tire shop install the bands and tpms sensors. works like a charm, car doesnt know it has a new set of tires or wheels.

Of course you can, but why SHOULD you.

For those of us who check our own tire pressures, it's just a pain in the ass. But I understand there are weenies out there that checking the tire pressure is to much work.
94fiveohvert 12.02.2010, 00:44
easiest way to fix it is just to put the tpms sensors back in.. it's required to have them on 08 and up cars.
if you don't... no fixy..
67mustang 12.02.2010, 01:10
Of course you can, but why SHOULD you.

For those of us who check our own tire pressures, it's just a pain in the ass. But I understand there are weenies out there that checking the tire pressure is to much work.

You SHOULD because if you don't your tpms light will always stay on.
faust 12.02.2010, 01:25
stab it with an ice pick
Mr. Ranchero 12.02.2010, 03:14
Another case of the government yielding to lobbyists to require something on your vehicle so they get more money from you. You pay, they all are smiling all the way to the bank (that the government now owns as well).
thedeliveryboy 18.11.2010, 08:08
I run in to this problem all the time at the shop. First u need to check and c if the sensors are on the wheels. If they aren't either put them back on or find someone with a ford ids and turn the tpms system to disabled(simtimes it work but not all the time). If u want to put the sensors back on. Put them straight across from the valve stem( ford fitment). Then put the vehicle into train mode by pressing and releasing the brake then cycling the key three times(repeat 3 times within 15 secs).on the last cycle leave the key in run position. Horn will sound. Get a big magnet and run around outer bead on rims till horn sounds on each wheel. When all four honk. Ur done. Or just take it to the dealership and have them check.
oneslowfox 18.11.2010, 15:12
Another reason to stick to a fox... ;)
thedeliveryboy 19.11.2010, 12:24
Another reason to stick to a fox... ;)

True that!!!
Grabber07' 19.11.2010, 23:51
Stolen from another site:

"i have a solution to the tpms problem and i performed this on my buddies lexus with the sensors. i got a peice of PVC pipe with two caps to go on each end. i took one cap on one side of the pipe and crazy glued the piss out of it. the other cap i took and drilled a hole in it to attach the sensor to it, so i through all the sensors in the peice of pipe and crazy glued the piss out of the other cap. So, meanwhile this thing has 4 sensors buried in the pipe and theres one stem of a sensor sticking out of one of the end caps on the pipe. i took my nitrofill tank and pressurized the sensor(the one that was sticking out) and set it to manufacturers psi spec, then i resetted the Tpms system. I took my scantool(snap on laptop/toughbook) and went into the tpms screen and wouldnt ya know, they are all pressurized at spec! just by airing that one sensor up and the other sensors just laying in there in the pipe, they are all accuratly reading!. i went ahead and painted the white peice of pvc pipe black to match his interior color and into the trunk compartment it went end of problem end of light."

Basically throw the sensors in a makeshift container that can be pressurised. Air them up to spec and the sensor light goes away. Throw the container in the trunk and walla. Otherwise...the light will be an issue until you sell the car.

Hope this helps.
thedeliveryboy 23.11.2010, 05:46
Really? Who wants a piece of pressurized PVC glued with crazy glue in their car!! That's a pipe bomb waitin to go off
Grabber07' 26.11.2010, 02:28
Really? Who wants a piece of pressurized PVC glued with crazy glue in their car!! That's a pipe bomb waitin to go off

Apparently some who want the TPS sensor light to go off....
Page 1 of 2 1  2