Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

07 mustang how to turn off low tire pressure light?

Page 2 of 2 1  2 
Jester84 26.11.2010, 05:18
PUt air in the tire. lol
jrhaden 26.11.2010, 05:21
PUt air in the tire. lol
x2, rAtards
allFOXEDup 26.11.2010, 19:50
I used to just duct tape em in the spare for customers who bought shitty wheels that didnt accept them. Or take the cluster apart and disable the bulb....
ARMORINE 26.11.2010, 20:48
Of course you can, but why SHOULD you.

For those of us who check our own tire pressures, it's just a pain in the ass. But I understand there are weenies out there that checking the tire pressure is to much work.

figured some one would say this. the tpms system saved one of teamshelby's members a few months back, the warning light(and chime) went off about 10 seconds before his tire came apart. he had just enough time to slow from 85 to 40 and start pulling off the road before his tire failed completely(tread came off ect) had he not had the system he would have been doing 85 when his tire finally failed completely. he had no warning that something was wrong other then the tpms alerting him
pacettr 26.11.2010, 21:41
Stolen from another site:

"i have a solution to the tpms problem and i performed this on my buddies lexus with the sensors. i got a peice of PVC pipe with two caps to go on each end. i took one cap on one side of the pipe and crazy glued the piss out of it. the other cap i took and drilled a hole in it to attach the sensor to it, so i through all the sensors in the peice of pipe and crazy glued the piss out of the other cap. So, meanwhile this thing has 4 sensors buried in the pipe and theres one stem of a sensor sticking out of one of the end caps on the pipe. i took my nitrofill tank and pressurized the sensor(the one that was sticking out) and set it to manufacturers psi spec, then i resetted the Tpms system. I took my scantool(snap on laptop/toughbook) and went into the tpms screen and wouldnt ya know, they are all pressurized at spec! just by airing that one sensor up and the other sensors just laying in there in the pipe, they are all accuratly reading!. i went ahead and painted the white peice of pvc pipe black to match his interior color and into the trunk compartment it went end of problem end of light."

Basically throw the sensors in a makeshift container that can be pressurised. Air them up to spec and the sensor light goes away. Throw the container in the trunk and walla. Otherwise...the light will be an issue until you sell the car.

Hope this helps.

I read that somewhere a while back and IIRC it doesn't work on the Fords. Not 100% sure though.

PUt air in the tire. lol

If they don't have sensors you can air them up til they burst, it won't turn off.

x2, rAtards

See above...^^^

I used to just duct tape em in the spare for customers who bought shitty wheels that didnt accept them. Or take the cluster apart and disable the bulb....

I don't think the first option will work but the second one damn sure will :D
vandy9303 30.11.2010, 03:20
really small drill bit or if your not lazy pull the cluster and pull t he bulb
vandy09 30.11.2010, 03:20
really small drill bit or if your not lazy pull the cluster and pull t he bulb
Page 2 of 2 1  2