Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Engine & Performance 4.6 Modular Guys

new exhaust setup questions

Page 1 of 2 1  2 
fst06stg 01.12.2009, 04:00
im thinking of going with some dynomax or magnaflow bullets for a new setup. just a basic question. should i put the bullets in the mid-pipe or put them behind the axle with tips welded on? i realize the tone will be different with both of those setups, so i guess i just need some input.
jbt21479 01.12.2009, 04:44
im thinking of going with some dynomax or magnaflow bullets for a new setup. just a basic question. should i put the bullets in the mid-pipe or put them behind the axle with tips welded on? i realize the tone will be different with both of those setups, so i guess i just need some input.

I've got the magnaflow bullets as a mid muffler setup. I think it sounds great and it also gets rid of the fugly mufflers hanging down at your rear bumper. I have them coupled with a mac prochamber. Dave just took some video yesterday that let's you hear it. I'll try to post it up in the morning.

I don't think they would sound good at the rear. Might be to glasspack-ish. Can't say for sure though.

I get alot of compliments on the sound. It unique
pacettr 01.12.2009, 07:09
I would leave them in the stock location if they aren't too big.

Like Bret said, the bigger ones don't look so hot hanging down, but I like to leave them where they are.
jbt21479 01.12.2009, 15:43
Heres my setup. We took a better video of it with alot better sound, some idleing, and some under car shots so you can see them, but I have to download them at my house. Ill get those as soon as I can. This gives you an idea though. This was shot yesterday right after I had the 4.10s put in.

DEEZ-67 01.12.2009, 15:59
Key note you really need some kind of resonator on any system you do. Brets didn't sound that clean untell after the mac pro was put in.
jbt21479 01.12.2009, 16:07
Heres the exhaust before the ProChamber. Fast forward to 48 seconds.

DAN 05 01.12.2009, 16:13
Heres my setup. We took a better video of it with alot better sound, some idleing, and some under car shots so you can see them, but I have to download them at my house. Ill get those as soon as I can. This gives you an idea though. This was shot yesterday right after I had the 4.10s put in.

that is a terrible video
jbt21479 01.12.2009, 16:14
that is a terrible video

Yeah, not the best. Consider it a sound clip and ignore the video.
DEEZ-67 01.12.2009, 16:24
that is a terrible video

Yeah, not the best. Consider it a sound clip and ignore the video.

hhheeyyy you two fuck faces... you try to launch and stick 2nd gear while stearing with you knees and holding a camera. irked "jerks"
fst06stg 01.12.2009, 22:08
Heres the exhaust before the ProChamber. Fast forward to 48 seconds.

sounds awesome. thats like night and day. that prochamber really got rid of alot of the trumpeting sound huh?
jbt21479 01.12.2009, 22:17
sounds awesome. thats like night and day. that prochamber really got rid of alot of the trumpeting sound huh?

The trumpeting at the beginning of the video was actually with the Flowmasters. At 48 seconds is where the new MagnaPacks were installed with off road H pipe. It sounded great, just really loud and raspy. Which if you like loud and raspy, then it had a great deep sound.

WHen I put the Mac ProChamber on it in place of the H pipe is when it really made it what I was looking for. Smoothed it out quite a bit.

I will download the new video tonight and post it. It should be alot better. It will have idle, accellerating and a few light revs so you can hear what it sounds like.
jbt21479 02.12.2009, 19:56
Heres the other vid.

fst06stg 03.12.2009, 00:01
Heres the other vid.

sounds good man. yea, i know all about loud and raspy.

jrhaden 03.12.2009, 01:01
Heres the other vid.

sounds good man. yea, i know all about loud and raspy.

Slow and slower.
jbt21479 03.12.2009, 04:35
yawn fast enough to take down the new SS so I'm happy.

And look good doing it.....
Page 1 of 2 1  2