Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Brakes & Suspension

Questions...

Bullittime 24.11.2006, 00:55
Who has a car or knows someone who does have a car with around 440 - 470rwhp that drives around town near everyday on street tires, with occasional races here & there? How do they do? :ne_nau: Also I barely spun the tires one day and the entire ass & side of my car was black!

K now...

Who has a car with around sam HP that drives the car near everyday on Radials, how often do you haft to buy radials? how exepensive can this get? when i say everyday, I dont mean backing your car out of garage to get pick up a pizza then back home for the day. Like go to work, friends house, your house, back to friends house, your house etc.

Any input appreacited I know this is sorta ridiculous but im in a delima :(
AaronGT 24.11.2006, 01:23
There are plenty of 500 hp daily driver Cobras. They arent special when it comes to buying tires. Learn how to control the car and it will be fine.
Candy 24.11.2006, 06:27
HAY GUYZ CHECK OUT MY SWEET COBRA!

laugh

I kid, I kid...
ocbaud 24.11.2006, 06:33
here is what i suggest

learn how to control your need to hit the gas:) you shouldnt be spinning the tires unless you're giving it to much gas.

also, what i recommend is not to drive it in the winter, but thats just me. i wouldnt want to drive that thing in the rain or snow/ice.
Redfirecobra 24.11.2006, 08:31
Street tires are not for races unless from roll. Radials will wear out quicker than regular street tires cause they are softer thats why they hook better. Radials are not made to drive in any condition other than clear weather also. If you are going to go burn the tires off i would say buy the cheapest tires you can get in the size you want. It would be a good idea to have a spare set of wheels and tires for race purposes too. And with your car getting all dirty from you spinning out arent you glad you got a white cobra......
Bullittime 24.11.2006, 18:06
Street tires are not for races unless from roll. Radials will wear out quicker than regular street tires cause they are softer thats why they hook better. Radials are not made to drive in any condition other than clear weather also. If you are going to go burn the tires off i would say buy the cheapest tires you can get in the size you want. It would be a good idea to have a spare set of wheels and tires for race purposes too. And with your car getting all dirty from you spinning out arent you glad you got a white cobra......

Yea I guess ill just keep cheap street tires on it, well not too cheap but around spring ill buy 17x9 chromes for the rear with radials, way to expensive to keep buying 17x10.5 DRs.
Old School 24.11.2006, 18:38
Go talk to Ralph he can help.
Chances50 26.11.2006, 04:12
Fast cars dont spin tires!!
OWMach1 26.11.2006, 04:12
Fast cars dont spin tires!!