Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Off-Topic General Chat

"calm down sir" or, "how to win friends and influence people in MWC"

Page 1 of 2 1  2 
stangfather 12.04.2009, 21:15
so, its 0715 am and im coming thru mwc on I40 on my way home from work, all of a sudden i see a car in the signpost for exit 157c, small grey focus, just nailed the sign, airbags deployed, occupied one time, and the 3 cars in front of me didnt even hit thier brakes.

assholes.

so i get slowed down, back up on the grass, hazzards on, and get out and run up to the veh, its a young soldier, in ACU's named Moreno, car is packed with gear and hes all jacked up, airbag dust all over, says his neck hurts and his arm might be broken, i ask him if he is a grunt, he says yesim just just checking to see if he is concussed, ask him a few questions.. so here is when it gets frustrating.

i dial 911.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"my name is XXXX XXXXXXX im on the side of i40, westbound lanes on an off ramp, in front of tinker afb, i have a singe veh accident, with airbag deployment, i need EMS on scene asap"

now keep in mind its raining like a motherfucker and im ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY!, cars are going by, etc...

911 operator says:

"sir i need you to calm down, where are you"

i literally looked at my phone in wonderment

"um, im westbound 1-40, appx 1/4 mile east of air depot"

"sir, you have to calm down and stop yelling, do you know where you are, tinker is 4 miles long, i need to know exactly where you are."

ok seriously im really starting to get pissed, not only have i told this retard EXACTLY where i am, im yelling SO SHE CAN HEAR ME!

jeebus.

"ok,look, wait just a second, i run to the other side of the car, and spot the exit 157 sign, and advise her of it, apparently it worked that time because she once again told me to "CALM DOWN" then asked for my info.

about that time, a female trooper showed up that just happened to be driving by.

went back to the car, and Moreno is moving around a bit more, says he is PCS'ing from Ft Drum, to Ft Carson, and the army in thier infinate wisdom gave him 2 days to drive, myself and the trooper tell him to stay still that EMS is on the way.

we shut his door and look at eachother and say at the same time, "he fell asleep"

anyway, MWC EMS in their big red "bambalance" show up along with a MWC Sgt. so i head the hell home again.

btw, now im soaking wet, my jacket and beanie didnt do much.

happy Easter 911 operators, whoever you are.50cal
RiceEater2001 12.04.2009, 21:24
Good of you to stop. Most people just don't give a shit about anyone else, it's terrible.
99snake 12.04.2009, 21:35
During my time in the Civil service, I found very few Dispatchers that I cared for. Most are fat, overweight, angry women that get their rocks off by telling the people who do the actual work what to do. I feel you bro.
javi 12.04.2009, 21:39
Thanks for helping an injury person who you didnt know.

and the 911 opearators are so stupid, calm down? WTF!!!!?
stangfather 12.04.2009, 21:42
During my time in the Civil service, I found very few Dispatchers that I cared for. Most are fat, overweight, angry women that get their rocks off by telling the people who do the actual work what to do. I feel you bro.

that is the rule, not the exception.

what pissed me off was, i was yelling because it was frigging loud where i was at, i wanted to be heard, i was speaking slowly and clearly otherwise.
Mrs.Ezekial 12.04.2009, 21:45
CALM DOWN SIR

what a moron.... thank god for that trooper passing by
RiceEater2001 12.04.2009, 22:01
that is the rule, not the exception.

what pissed me off was, i was yelling because it was frigging loud where i was at, i wanted to be heard, i was speaking slowly and clearly otherwise.

Yep, they're morons. Last summer when some idiot teenagers decided to do some shooting in my neighborhood over myspace bs, I called the police to give descriptions and such and the dumb hen kept telling me to calm down and asking me stupid shit. Since I had started the conversation with "There are people shooting at each other in my neighborhood, I'm am located at <address>, I don't think anyone was hurt, my name is..." I finally got irritated and told her to shut the fuck up and let me tell the description of the shooters and their vehicle since I knew it was being recorded.
beabout 12.04.2009, 22:08
Good job dude....
02 281 GT 12.04.2009, 22:24
Good thing you stopped. I doubt anyone else would have. He would have had to have waited for that trooper to pass by. That dispatcher was a retard for sure.
Purringengine 12.04.2009, 22:25
Dispatchers just amaze me! When I did my clinical rotations back in Cali, we were dispatched to an area that was out of our district to transport a psych patient from a hospital to a mental ward. We advised her that it was out of our area and she became rude and arrogant telling us that we needed to go. So, we did. In the meantime a 911 call came in of someone choking at a local hamburger stand in our area but because we were already on the call and at the hospital another ambulance had to get out of their district to assist ours. It's pathetic!

At least there are decent people here such as yourself cause karma is a bitch to those who just kept going!
Enigma 13.04.2009, 01:30
At least you didn't get

Please hold while the next operator becomes availiable.
drgnracin72 13.04.2009, 01:36
john check this out. i live dead center of purcell. my white trash neighbors across the street are having a party, and all the sudden i hear a fight break out. i didnt think anything of it till i heard 5 rounds being shot. i immidiatly jmped on the phone to 911, and told them where i was, and what was going on. she was good got all my info,and told me the cops were on the way. 45 minutes laster the cops finally show up. wtf. i thought in a situation like this, it became priority. well i ask the cop whats up when he got there, the lady told him the wrong address, even after i repeated it to her 3 times, and she repeated it back to me. anyways, no arrests were made, and the neighbors were throwing their arms up at me telling me they are gonna kick my ass. sux.
stangfather 13.04.2009, 03:21
go clean your AR on the porch, that fix em.
fst06stg 13.04.2009, 03:26
this crap always gets to me. like when that lady was getting her face ripped off by a chimpanzee, the dispatcher kept telling the lady calling it in to settle down. grrrr!
drgnracin72 13.04.2009, 03:39
go clean your AR on the porch, that fix em.

yeah the shotgun came out to the porch with me while i was talking to the dispatcher. they werent to pleased that i called them in.
Page 1 of 2 1  2