Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Engine & Performance 5.0 Pushrod Guys

removing a t5

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3 
baron 17.09.2006, 17:42
anyone want to give me some instructions on how to remove an t5 out of a 93 notch??
Tristan 17.09.2006, 17:45
very carefully,
your gettin in over your head here... There was nothing wrong with the tranny
Tristan 17.09.2006, 17:48
1. remove h-pipe
2. drain fluid
3. remove driveshaft
4. remove clutch cable
5. remove the 6 bolts from the motor
5a. remove the shifter
6. put a jack under it
7. take the blots out of the trans cross member
8. take out the entire cross member
9. pull straight back
10 . reverse order to put back on.

AND DONT FUCK WITH THE CLUTCH AS IT IS STRAIGHT NOW, DONT MESS WITH IT
baron 17.09.2006, 17:58
very carefully,
your gettin in over your head here... There was nothing wrong with the tranny

well want to come fix it for some $ then? or possibly some stereo equipment? deal
mustang2003 17.09.2006, 17:58
1. Remove H Pipe
2. Remove DriveShaft
3. Unplug all connectors to transmission
4. Remove shifter
5. Remove speedo cable
6. Place jack under T5
7. Support transmission and remove cross member two bolts on either side and two in the middle.
8. Stick a half shaft in the tail of the T5 or wrap a baggy around it and duct tape it on if not tranny fluid will probably leak out when pulling out the transmission unless drained.
9. Remove the four bolts holding T5 to the bellhousing might have to lower jack a little once loose pull back and then lower jack some more slowly doing this till you have cleared the bell housing.

Or do what Tristan told you lol he beat me to it
Tristan 17.09.2006, 18:10
1. Remove H Pipe
2. Remove DriveShaft
3. Unplug all connectors to transmission
4. Remove shifter
5. Remove speedo cable
6. Place jack under T5
7. Support transmission and remove cross member two bolts on either side and two in the middle.
8. Stick a half shaft in the tail of the T5 or wrap a baggy around it and duct tape it on if not tranny fluid will probably leak out when pulling out the transmission unless drained.
9. Remove the four bolts holding T5 to the bellhousing might have to lower jack a little once loose pull back and then lower jack some more slowly doing this till you have cleared the bell housing.

Or do what Tristan told you lol he beat me to itoops i forgot #3 thats ok they are just reverse lights any way very overrated,0h and #5 doesnt have a speedo gear anyway just there so it wont leak
Tweek 17.09.2006, 18:13
its the easiest damn thing in the world. we had mine off a few times. if you dont get around to it till like tuesday when im off ill come help.
Tristan 17.09.2006, 18:14
its the easiest damn thing in the world. we had mine off a few times. if you dont get around to it till like tuesday when im off ill come help.

please baron wont do anything till rick or i are there to guide him
Brn N Rubr 17.09.2006, 18:18
It is much easier to reinstall if you take the bell housing out with the tranny. If you leave it in the car, not only do you have to line the input shaft up with the clutch, but you also have to thread it through the throw out bearing. PITA.
Tristan 17.09.2006, 18:28
It is much easier to reinstall if you take the bell housing out with the tranny. If you leave it in the car, not only do you have to line the input shaft up with the clutch, but you also have to thread it through the throw out bearing. PITA.

thats how i would do it, this way you only have to worry about the input shaft and clutch lining, plus he should replace the throwout while he is in there
baron 18.09.2006, 04:33
plus he should replace the throwout while he is in there

is there a reason why i should do that? or its just not a bad idea to do that while in there?
Tristan 18.09.2006, 04:58
because its a 5 dollar paert, WHY NOT?
lxhatch302 18.09.2006, 10:45

You must be NUTS.
baron 18.09.2006, 12:06
because its a 5 dollar paert, WHY NOT?
of ot aint broken dont fix it

so mr bigshot, if it ainy the transmission are you gonna come down here and fix it????
98Snake 18.09.2006, 14:16
wait a minute....you don't have to remove the bellhousing on a t5 to remove the tranny unless you are pulling the clutch and flywheel...

And if the bellhousing and clutch and all that stuff are in it is already lined up....and it isn't that heavy....and if you have a cradle it is easier than popping the hood.

Now a T45 or T56....that is a bitch because the bellhousing HAS to come off with the tranny.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3