Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related How To Articles

How to Clean Wheels and Wells

ALITL8 25.10.2007, 01:05
Equipment:
Bucket
Misc brushes, sponges and mitts

Chemicals:
Car wash soap or, my favorite, Simple Green. (just a splash with 3-5 gals of water)

Watch and learn. Follow these steps every time you clean your car and your wheels and wheel wells will stay looking new for as long as you own your car. If youve already let them go and get bad then you'll need to remove your wheels and get dirty to get them back in an acceptable condition.

Here's how and where you should use tire shine wink2

this vehicle is regularly maintained, 2 sometimes 4 times a month by us and has 24,200 daily driven miles.

here's some pics from today's "maintenance" wash... keepin' it clean thumbup
Sassinater 25.10.2007, 03:32
thumbup clean clean clean
99Cobradude 26.10.2007, 13:20
Why is Jeremy always the one doing to the work in everything you post?
Phoenix 26.10.2007, 13:26

Robert's busy takin' notes. laugh
99Cobradude 26.10.2007, 13:31

rotflmao
that's what I was thinking
5.0man 26.10.2007, 14:05
robert whats the best way to get years of brake dust of my stock wheels. the only thing that i have found that works is brake cleaner. would a highly concentrated mixture of simple green and water work?
ALITL8 26.10.2007, 18:07

cause he cant operate a camera for shit!

bite me Landon!

robert whats the best way to get years of brake dust of my stock wheels. the only thing that i have found that works is brake cleaner. would a highly concentrated mixture of simple green and water work?

sometimes some elbow grease, a sponge or scotch brite, brushes, some SG and water and maybe some serious polishing and/or paint/powder coating... other times there's no saving them. it really just depends on how long its been on there, what all has built up and what amount of time and money youre willing to invest.
itltrot 27.10.2007, 03:35
Great post Robert!
69fastback 30.10.2007, 02:22
Nice. I used to detail my old bosses X5 a lot, and I wish my wheels were that easy to clean :)

I have to take mine off about once a month to clean the insides of the wheels and the wheel wells.
ALITL8 30.10.2007, 15:01
Nice. I used to detail my old bosses X5 a lot, and I wish my wheels were that easy to clean :)

I have to take mine off about once a month to clean the insides of the wheels and the wheel wells.

yep, if you cant get to the back of the wheels, you have to pull them off if you want them clean (i charge extra for wheel removal LOL).