Ford Mustang Forums
 Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us     Log In Log In  

Ford Mustang Forums Tech Related Engine & Performance 4.6 Modular Guys

removing starter w/ LT's

Hollowdweller 12.08.2007, 16:49
Can it be done? I tried it once and couldnt get it done but wanted to see if anyone else did it. Apparently when I stabbed the motor back in it I hit the starter housing and broke off the bolt that the main power wire connects to. I cant believe that as much as I HATE this F-ing POS I still continue to dump $$$ in it.
Chances50 12.08.2007, 23:22
NO use a sawsall and finish the car off.

We the shit, and the magnaflows sound awesome.
Hollowdweller 13.08.2007, 01:35
Yea there growing on me. Thanks for all the help, now get off the computer and go get your wife that house. O yeah and watch out for flying metal objects.
wicked5_0 30.08.2007, 23:04
Not sure what the outcome of this was, but yes you can remove the starter with LT's on. Takes a hella long extension though. What did you end up doing?
Hollowdweller 30.08.2007, 23:27
Not sure what the outcome of this was, but yes you can remove the starter with LT's on. Takes a hella long extension though. What did you end up doing?I got the middle and bottom bolts but couldnt get the top one. The sloenoid on the side is what was damaged so I just bought a new starter and replace the solenoid. I'll put the new starter on next time I pull it.
Phoenix 30.08.2007, 23:39
I changed the starter on my car with LT's. It was a bitch, but it can be done.
wicked5_0 30.08.2007, 23:42
I changed the starter on my car with LT's. It was a (censored), but it can be done.

Not such a bitch with a hella-long extension(2-3 feet, yes I said feet) You have to come from in front of the stock K-member. Just posting this for reference of those doing research. weeps
AaronGT 30.08.2007, 23:59
I've gone in from the fenderwell. No matter how you do it, it's going to be a bitch.